Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Missionary Christmas


December 17, 2013

Here is a poem Elder Rollins Sent me. All missionary moms... get a tissue! hahaha

A Missionary Christmas

I skipped the sales after Thanksgiving.
The thrill just wasn’t there.
No pictures taken with Santa Clause, 
My decorating has no flare.
His presents are shoes, shirts and ties
two suits, and socks.. no fun.
I’ve bought him all white clothes because...
This year I’m giving Christ my son.

I’ve spent more time in the temple,
my testimony stirred.
I’ve reread November’s ensign,
felt strength come from his words.
Our family prays more frequently.
My tears are quick to run.
Abraham seems closer because...
This year I’m giving Christ my son. 

I wonder how those Lamanite mothers 
gave their sons to war?
Or how the pioneers chose Zion
Their sacrifice was so much more.
My loss will be his presence,
I’ll miss his smile a ton.
For two years we will pray for him.
I’m giving Christ my son.

I stare at his face when he’s not looking.
I memorize his eyes, their shine.
He’s always hungered for the part of him,
that makes his soul divine.
The Stories and lessons he always heard
his choice and mine are one.
I’ll put my faith in God’s hand.
This year, I’m giving Christ my son.

Past gifts have lost their glitter;
I think I finally understand.
Christ’s birth should be celebrated 
by giving Him a hand.
It’s because I know Christ lives and reigns
that all his packing’s done.
My gift has taken 19 years to make.
This year, I’m giving Christ my son.

I know there’s one who understands,
the sacrifice I’m making.
Who knows the gift I willingly give,
The toll it will be taking.
For he has done it all before
greater love there could be none.
For years ago, God gave to me
His only begotten son.

The hands I washed, the hands I held
the hands I taught to pray.
Now knock on doors to find the ones 
who will listen to what he’ll say.
Because I know Christ needs him
until all the gathering’s done.
My gift has taken 19 years to make.
This year I’m giving Christ my son. 

Elder Rollins’ email 

send packages to the mission office lol we are not supposed to send things to our apartment anyways... just found that out this past week. my bad.... :) 

Elder Hayes Calvert Rollins
Missouri Independence Mission
517 W Walnut Street
Independence, MO 64050

so this week was crazy! we spent a lot of time at the brazzells and it all paid off!! they are on date for the 11th of January to be baptized! :) it was so sick how everything fell perfectly in to place. and Jillian is getting baptize this weekend! :) sadly leashia dropped us:( not good but she wants us to come say good bye before one of us leaves. (still dont know for sure) and so were gonna see whats going to happen from there. we had our big zone conference/christmas program! did some jousting at the brazzells! went to rose estates again this week and met some of the residents! had lunch at mary faiths! went on exchanges! got the call to train and then got another call telling me that i was no longer going to be training but i was going to be on a special assignment... idk what that means but what ever happens im gonna go forward with faith and and with a smile! so.. lots of things happened this week! :) and all of them have led me to the same conclusion that ive always had and the reason why i came out on my mission.

God answers prayers. He loves us and He is gonna take care of us! :) Christ died for us and is our savior! this church is true! and the scriptures have helped me in so many ways! i know they are true! and that we are blessed as we strive to do all we can to live the precepts of GOD!

love you! 
Elder Rollins



This is the big red bag project that their stake has been doing for the past 10 years. People donate toys and clothes for the kids in foster care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment