Wednesday, December 4, 2013

3 Letters Today!


December 4, 2013

I got 3 letters from Elder Rollins today! WHOO HOO!!
Here is a little from all 3 letters. 

I LOVE hearing about his investigators and the progress he is making but it is also really nice to get some day to day details! :)

Mom: How's the training going?

Elder Rollins: "The training is going great! Elder McCurdy has probably caught on better than I did and have. I feel like my ability to train is pretty good but there's probably better trainers out there. Yes. We will be together his whole training! :) I love that we are almost on the same page all the time now! He's good at talking, I am not really. But I know the doctrine fairly well and can usually get a good scripture out and bare testimony. We are both good at gaining people's trust and helping people with their concerns. We could both probably follow the spirit a little better tho... I love that Elder McCurdy isn't afraid to try new things and test his limits and he has really helped me learn to do the same!"

They have Sisters and Elders in his ward so I asked about his area and if it was hard to stay busy with 2 sets of missionaries in their ward:

ELder Rollins: "There is a lot of work to do! WE have lots to do but the sisters are struggling to find people. This is a tough area to serve in cuz its really wealthy. But I love this area! I love everyone I meet!"

“My Thanksgiving was AWESOME! For lunch we went to our investigator’s houses, Mary and Jack and had prime rib! But it was super uncooked so they had to microwave it! hahahahaha Just made me think back to dad always saying, “just nuke it.” LOL It was a good dinner tho. We were able to talk with Jack and get to know him better which was awesome cuz we both really want to teach him! 

Then we had dinner with the Fackerells! I LOVE that family! They are wonderful! We tried some dang firey salsa but the taste was excellent. They made ham and turkey and twice baked potatoes and a whole array of things! It was a good day! :) 

Lastly, we went to the Haughts and watched some church videos! (This must have been after Thanksgiving because the Haughts were in Phoenix for Thanksgiving! lol)

He ends with 2 scriptures:
Doctrine & Covenants 76:22
22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the atestimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he blives!
Doctrine & Covenants 58:4
4 For after much atribulation come the bblessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be ccrowned with much dglory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
I always try to get a little information out of my boy of few words! hahaha 

Mom: What do you do for your morning workout? I figured with another wrestler as his companion, they would be really hitting it hard! hahahah NOT! lol

Elder Rollins: “Well, I do pushups and pull ups mostly.”

Mom: What do you eat for breakfast and lunch? 

Elder Rollins: “B - Eggs, pancakes, french toast, cereal, begals. L - pizza, dino chicken nuggets (hahahaha)

Mom: What do you do on your P-Days? (where’s the cleaning buddy?) lol 

Elder Rollins: “Shop, email, basketball” 

Elder Rollins LOVES getting letters! Sister Haught told me that the Elders run to the mailbox everyday to see if they have anything and whenever they do, they are SOOO happy and excited! 

Email is good but letters are BETTER!!

****When writing a letter, include a self-addressed stamped envelope and you will be guaranteed a letter back! 

Mission Home Address:
Missouri Independence Mission
517 Walnut Street
INdependence, MO 64050-3632

***Apartment Address until December 19th - He may be transferred this time
Elder Hayes Rollins
10244 W 81st Terrace #218
Overland Park, KS 66204

Elder Rollins: “Mom, I just wanted to say thank you for sending so many letters! I LOVE it! Please don’t stop! I LOVE getting them! :)

Elder Rollins thoughts on the new Stetson Valley ward: 
“We have an awesome bishopric! They are going to do amazing things!” 

Elder Rollins wrote me a letter about how much he worries! He listed 20 things that he worries about all the time. Well that worried me! hahaha So I looked up the word ‘worry’ in the dictionary and actually a word that means worry is CARE! So I told Elder Rollins that he probably CARES so much more than he WORRIES! He seemed to like that, so he sent me a letter talking about some of the things that he cares so much about: 

  1. Mom, Dad, Haylee (my family) & my relationship with the Lord
  2. My friends, the ones I have now and the ones who have been with me and will always be with me!
  3. WRESTLING! I miss it so badly! lol It sucks because I never see it anywhere. Everything else I get a glimpse of, but wrestling, I get nothing! There is almost no comparison of how badly I want to wrestle! 




No comments:

Post a Comment